Last updated Monday, October 17, 2022
- Login to Gmail in your browser
- Scroll down Gmail's left-hand menu
- Find "Labels"
- Click the + next to Labels
- Enter a name for the new folder
- Open the Gmail App
- Click the menu icon in the top left
- Click 'Create New'
Bonus: 3 simple steps to upgrade Gmail Folders
If you're an exec with tons of emails, this will 10x your speed through Gmail.
- Prioritize your inbox with time management folders
- Fly through folders faster by sorting them
- Know who you need a reply from, and if you've got it, with a Waiting folder
Organize Gmail: the Ultimate Guide
Learn how pro's use folders
- Scroll down Gmail's sidebar
- Click the + next to Labels, and check "Nest Label Under", then select the parent folder.
- Or, find the parent folder in the sidebar, click the 3 dots to the right of it, and choose "Add sublabel" from the dropdown.
Bonus: ActiveInbox gives you control of Gmail